“Challenging and rewarding” best describes the PADI Rescue Diver Course. The Rescue Diver Course expands your knowledge and experience level and teaches you to look beyond yourself and consider the safety and well being of other divers.
Although the course is challenging, it offers a rewarding way to build your confidence by teaching you how to prevent problems and if necessary, manage dive emergencies using a variety of techniques.
The knowledge development portion covers a broad range of topics:
- Self-rescue and diver stress
- Emergency management and equipment
- Panicked diver response
- In-water breathing protocols
- Dive accident scenarios
- Diving first aid
- Accident management
- Emergency procedures
You’ll also develop your rescue skills with actual hands-on scenarios both in confined water and in open water.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or a qualifying certification from another training organization) is required prior to the start of class
- Minimum age 12 years old
- Proof of 20 or more logged dives documenting experience in deep and under water navigation is required when certification is from another training organization
- Current training in CPR and First Aid ( less than 24 months old) is required prior to knowledge development 2 and rescue training session 2
- Emergency First Responder Course is highly recommended for your First Aid and CPR requirements
- Students must provide scuba equipment
Tuition & PADI Certification $299.00
Scuba Rental if needed $79.00